Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Crazy Eight Dinner

The other night on 8 Aug, we had a crazy eight dinner to celebrate the momentous date. We gave the kids each eight dollars to buy something for the dinner (which was entirely too much, why couldn't if have been 2004). They all bought something that we ate eight of for dinner. It turned out to be quite an interesting menu, see below.








We had 1/8 pound hamburgers, with 8 raviolis, with 8 oz of cream soda, 8 buggles, 8 ears of corn (cut into smaller pieces), 8 swedish fish, 8 animal cookies, 8 corn pops, a tom8to, and a nutter butter bar because I love nutter butter bars.

I think everyone throughly enjoyed it.


4 comments:

Dancewear By Heather said...

what a fun and creative idea! We thought about you guys a lot this week while Akiho and Narisa were staying with us! They were from the Southern most part of Japan, I guess you couldn't get much farther away from you in the same country huh?

Anonymous said...

What a cre8ive and an innov8ive way to celebr8 the 8/8/8. That was a gr8 idea. How fun that all your family particip8ed. The pl8es look full of 8's. I hope no one over8 and gained alot of w8.
Oh w8, how was Truman's bithd8 - I mean birthday? - I got carried away with the "8" words...
P.S. I know it was fun for Dyan and Jesse to have Tyler visit them in Utah st8.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

What a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish I could have 8 some of your fun and lucky stuff. But I didn't remember the D8 so I know my M8 & I would have been L8 (and I H8 that) - next time tho, W8 for us - such a gr8 memory for the 8 (minus 2 Ü Ü) harriss. luvume