Friday, September 26, 2008

The split weekend - Mom style

To ensure Mom stayed sane for a few more months, we put here on a train down to Tokyo. She got to go to the temple and immerse herself in the energy of a big, BIG city. I don't have to commentary to go with each of these picture and video but it looked like she had a great time. Take a look.



The Fish Market


Rose brought this fish home and mounted it on our wall















Tokyo has been referred to as the Paris of Asia, I am sure the copycat tower adds to that description.
















Rose got to see several traditional wedding processions in the park on Saturday morning







Shibuya station is an experience that your really have to see but this video does a pretty good job.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, lucky you. I am glad that you are now able to retain your sanity. Looks like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OMG - did you go by yourself? You are so brave - but then again I guess I could say that about you mothering 4 "Wild Little Indians" too!! Ü Ü Looks like alot of fun - you got some good pictures did you get any "good deals"?

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Good for you Rose, looks like fun! What did you buy?
Happy Birthday Tyler!

Anonymous said...

What a fun get-away! It looked like you were having a great time. I loved the pictures of the two little boys and the wedding...
I feel it is now approppriate to give you the nick-name "Tokyo Rose"...
Luvnl8r

Dancewear By Heather said...

I'm so glad you finally got a chance to get away and explore!